Sunday, November 07, 2010

Procrastination

Do you procrastinate? I know I do. I put off doing things that either I don't enjoy doing or don't feel like I do well. Or that are very time consuming (with procrastination doesn't that mean they take even longer-duh!). Last weekend I was inspired by Wanda at Exuberant Color. She got a lot of quilting done that she had been putting off. It got me to thinking about all the things I have put off doing. So instead of taking the time to reason out which thing to tackle first (do you hear more procrastination?) I just plunged in. I had been putting off for some time altering some clothing. You see I am vertically challenged. Those of you who do not fit the cookie cutter fit of clothes know what I mean. Even petite sizes many times I have to hem up. Don't laugh. So here I was faced with four jackets--one lined--and three pair of pants that needed hemming up. I stayed with it until they were all done. Such a good feeling!

This weekend DH went deer hunting and I had the weekend to myself. What to do? I had thought to have a mini quilt retreat. Nope. Instead I decided to continue the fight against procrastination. I ironed. I had a closet full of ironing that needed to done. I am spilling my guts now so go easy on me, okay. I don't feel like I do a good job when I iron. I grew up in the age of double knit and didn't really learn. No excuses--I will learn now! My motto now is --"It looks better than when I first started and I will get better." A few more pieces to finish and I can celebrate. And you know what? It's like I have a new wardrobe. Pretty cool.

Next in my battle against procrastination I think I will tackle closets! My DD (the organization gifted person) always tells me when I hint for to help get me organized, "What do you want to throw away?" Throw away! So I haven't let her near my things. After all this is a personal disorganization so it must be a personal organization. And yes there may be some things that get thrown out. Uh oh, have I put off organizing because I don't want to deal with getting rid of some of my stuff? Procrastination again. The battle goes on. But you know what? The battle won't be won in one day but IT WILL BE WON!

Blessings,

1 comment:

  1. I remember when I cleaned out the closet in the north bedroom. It had boxes and boxes of photos to be sorted through and put in the appropriate zip lock bags for the kids, and 20+ years of genealogy papers - some in notebooks, many loose papers, all this to be sorted. There was other stuff, too. It took me about 6 months to get that done. I totally removed everything from the closet, then adding back one thing at a time. I thought I was never going to get finished! I don't envy you at all, but your closet is probably much easier than the one I worked on.

    I finished oldest son's flannel pillowcases to take to his deer lease and got them in the mail today. I finally found some deer print this year. He had requested that or pheasants. I forgot to take a photo :(

    I also found a denim apron that I had bought (don't remember when) and never opened. I wear warmups in the winter at home, and they don't have pockets. I decided to put a big pocket on the front of the apron and did that today using a fat quarter folded in half. I'll post a photo on my blog tomorrow. I think it will really be handy. I can put my cell phone in the pocket, too, along with whatever else. I would like to have put a pocket on the bib, but there was only one fat quarter like the one I bought. I could always use a solid piece for another pocket.

    Okay I'm off to bed now. This time change has been rough! It didn't really bother me until last year. The golden years, you know! LOL

    Hugs, and take care . . .

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. Please leave a comment so I can visit your blog.