Sunday, September 16, 2018

Been a very long time

Lots of water under the bridge.  Life changing.  My husband suffered a stroke in 2015.  It left him disabled.  His mind is good.  But his left side was effected.  His left arm will not move.  His left leg is weak.  Initially it was like we had been gut punched.  Such a shock!  Almost three years later and we look back and we are grateful for so much.  We went through so much.  Therapy, frustration, irritation (both of us), learning new ways of doing things, testing of our faith, etc. 

Personally I had to deal with anger.  Yes, anger.  I was angry with my husband.  He had stopped taking his blood pressure medications.  He didn't like the way they made him feel.  I tried every way I could to get him to take them.  He would not.  After several months of that is when his stroke happened.  The stroke literally changed both our lives.  But I had to come to the conclusion that God allowed it to happen.  It might have come about by my husband's choices but God is in control.  So now I have to let that anger go.  And I'm still in the process.  I trust God.


Blessings,
Marilyn

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. Please leave a comment so I can visit your blog.