Friday, May 14, 2010

It's May in Texas

And that means humidity and warmer temperatures. We need the rain. It is thundering right now and hopefully it will rain tonight. We have our garden planted and it is coming up nicely. Tomatoes, jalapeno peppers, bell peppers, cucumbers, green beans, blackeyed peas, yellow squash, zucchini squash, and okra and I can hardly wait for the first vegetable. I spent several days clipping hedges and helping DH cut vines and stuff out of the fences. The puppies are weaned and are so big. I will post new pictures soon.

Last Wednesday the Kraz-z Quilters came to my house. DH barbecued chicken breast and pork sausage and the ladies brought side dishes and dessert. Oh my it was good. Everyone brought a project to work on. And they shopped. Boy did they shop. Thanks, ladies for a wonderful day. It was so fun.

For the last several Thursdays some of us from Wise Co. Quilt Guild have been working on our raffle quilt. This Saturday we will work on it as well. And hopefully very soon it will be a quilt top. I will post pictures as soon as it is done.

I've gotten more fabric in so I've been busy with that. I have a rash that I think is related to working in the yard. I'm thinking I must have gotten into some poison oak or something. I just know I'm ready for it to go away.  We traveled to Ballinger/San Angelo area to see our mothers this past weekend. I am happy to say they are doing well. We stopped on the way home on Monday and watched the grandkids play ball. There was a rain shower and bit of hail that came up toward the end of their games.

Hope all you mothers had a nice Mother's Day. Not much personal quiltey stuff going on at MY house. I did play tonight for a little bit. I was having 4 Patch Stacked Posies withdrawal and stacked a paisley fabric just to see what it would look like.

Blessings,

3 comments:

  1. That sounds like fun, dinner-stitching-shopping! What did they buy?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Greetings Marilyn, Rhonda here. I am also a Texas quilter living in northeast Texas. I've become a "follower" so that I can keep up with the happenings in your neck of the woods. Take care and have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you are a busy gal...love the piglet pics below...sure they will grow fast...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. Please leave a comment so I can visit your blog.