Thursday, March 03, 2011

Spring is sprung and a lot of yackety yack

If you haven't listened in to Pat Sloan on Creative Talk Radio you are missing out. DH was out and about last night and I turned it on. So much talent and so many talented people still not discovered. Aneela Hoey was one of her guests via skype. Aneela is from the United Kingdom. This is a link to her blog. You simple must see her adorable embroidery patterns. Look at those stitches for the hair. Love it.  I like her style.

On the home front--the fruit trees are beginning to bloom. We went from deep freeze to spring in the matter of a few weeks. We need rain. It is very dry. There have been wildfires in west Texas. We have had a few around here but if we don't get rain there will be more. The wind has been blowing and blowing. The dust came with it. I don't know if it is the dust, pollen or what but I came down with allergies/cold/crud/yuck over the weekend and am still trying to get over it. I haven't been this sick in a number of years. I feel for you folks that suffer from allergies on a regular basis. Saturday I tried to cough my head off then Monday I tried to sneeze it off. My head is still attached although SOME people who I know and love really don't think so at times LOL; better known as my DH.

I woke up at 12:30 the other night. Couldn't go back to sleep for hours. Last night slept like a rock. Boy did I need that!  And during these unscheduled early wake ups--the thought occurred to me. You know we all have been hearing about Charlie Sheen and Lindsey Lohan in the news. We who are Christians and pray ought to pray for these folks. I know I am so quick with the thought : ). But really I should be quicker to pray than to shake my head. But for the grace of God I and many others might be in the same turmoil. Just sayin'!

Daffodils are up and blooming. The tulips aren't far behind. They are very small this year. Lack of rain and probably time to replant.  The redbud tree across the road is about to burst into bloom. The wild plums are blooming. It seems early. We could easily have a frost and lose the fruit.

I sewed some string blocks in the last couple of weeks while working on other stuff. You know Bonnie's leaders and enders style? The ladies at Paradise Piecemakers put me onto making string blocks using Bounty paper towels for the foundation. At that time they were eleven inches square. Now they are not. More like 11 X 10 1/2 or even 10 1/4. More down sizing of product. If you think about it--fifty sheets multiplied by 1/2 inch. That is a LOT less. Are they putting more sheets in a roll? Hmm. I gotta go check. You know what? It doesn't say. I buy the big packages of like 8 or 10 and store in the garage. All it says -- 12 giant rolls = 18 regular rolls. If there are fifty sheets to a roll (sorry I don't have my grandkids around to count them for me and don't expect me to okay?) multiplied by 1/2 inch = 25 inches less in a roll. Multiply that by 12 = 300 less inches. That's 25 feet less. I know you stuck around to get to the bottom of this. LOL

Dishwasher is swishing, breadmaker is kneading, and since I have regained the status of free breathing -- I got lots of work to do. See ya.

Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. Please leave a comment so I can visit your blog.