Monday, December 12, 2011

Rain

We have had rain what seems like every day.  Not complaining mind you! It's just that when there are clouds there is no sun. We do need the rain so very much and hopefully all the lakes and ponds will be full soon. Thankfully the temps have stayed in the 40s and 50s. No icing.

This week is dull compared to last week. Three quilt group meetings with fun and food! Oh, my! I didn't have my camera at Kraz-z Quilters on Wednesday so I will just have to describe as best I can for you. We had agreed to all bring a finger food type dish. I took pumpkin dip, molasses cookies and apple slices. Others brought hot apple cider (it was a cold day and this was much appreciated!), cocktail weiners in sauce, sandwiches, crackers and cheeses, soup (not really a finger food but much appreciated on that cold day), candies, and more. It was delicious.  A couple of years ago we had decided one Christmas to exchange a yard of fabric Chinese style. So every year since we have enjoyed this tradition. It is always fun to see the different fabrics as they are opened and the stealing! And we always have a little time to do some hand quilting! Got to have our "fix" for the week. Excuse me, I meant therapy!

On Thursday I drove to Post Oak to the Post Oak Quilters or Busy Bees. And they are busy and prolific! They had invited some ladies from Blue Grove so it was a full house.


Bernice (Blue Grove), Marilyn, Lois and Nelda.
I enjoy these ladies so much. It's always like a reunion -- catching up on what's been going on with each one.
Elsie, Peggy (Blue Grove) and Susan.




Eunice, Virginia, Susan and Gena with the "festive" and fun head gear.



I took my store and several helped me set up and take down. Thank you to Gena, Virginia, and Susan and all the others who offered. We had a wonderful meal of baked potatoes and fixings, salad, and DESSERT. Oh my! Then the tables were cleared and the dishes taken care of and out came the demo. I showed them how to make a disappearing 4 patch. Such fun. Then they shopped. And shopped some more. Thanks, ladies, you are wonderful.
Carol and her 4 Patch Stacked Posies. Lovely!
 
Helping in the kitchen. Thanks, Carol and Clydene.









Then came Saturday! Wise County Quilt Guild Christmas party! We had sew much fun last year when past and present members gathered we decided to do it again! And guess what several have joined again! We had 38 in attendance. I am the program chair so I was responsible for the invitations, games, etc.  I hope everyone enjoyed it as much as I did. I had asked everyone in their invitation to bring a fond or funny memory. While we were eating we shared our memories. It was just lovely and fun. And did I mention FOOD. Yes, third party and more food. Elastic waists are the only way to go! LOL

And of course we had show and tell! Mary W. showed us what to do with our bits and pieces left from Christmas fabrics! And of course when you live in Texas you make Texas quilts. Love it! Trish R. on the right is a new member who joined after going on the bus trip. Hey, Trish.



Here's the link to the Wise County Quilt Guild blog with more from the Christmas party.

I was so hoping to tell you that Larry was having his hip replacement surgery before Christmas but we still do not have a date. As they say "paperwork".  His file must be on somebody's desk who has gone on vacation or are busy covering for someone who is on vacation. We will be patient and wait. Til Monday when his case worker comes off vacation and he can give her a call and ask for HELP. LOL

I have really not known what to plan for Christmas for our family.  I have done some cleaning and put clean sheets on the guest bed. I've put up the Christmas tree, candles, and other decorations. My first time to "assemble" the tree by myself. It goes together in three sections and is one of those pre-lit ones. I'm sure if you had been a fly on my wall you would have laughed. I twisted this way and that way and 'purt near stood on my head. I got to looking at it last night and realized it was leaning! Oh, my. Almost reminds me of the days when we had the "real" cut trees. I unscrewed and rescrewed and hopefully it is straight. LOL

The plumber is here. We had a rocking toilet. That's one thing that doesn't need to "rock around the Christmas tree"!  Bless his heart -- having to go back and forth to his truck in the rain. 

Here's wishing you get all the shopping, gift sewing, decorating, baking done. And remember to rest and enjoy the season. Because Jesus is the reason for the season.

Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. Please leave a comment so I can visit your blog.