Friday, October 26, 2012

Back from Retreat

It was so much fun and I got a lot done--for me. LOL  I had all the borders for the Dresden Plate quilt pre-cut and ready to sew before I left home. First thing I did Monday -- I started sewing the WRONG border on first. LOL I caught myself before I had sewn it completely. Rip, rip. I got my head on straight and things progressed well from there on out.

LOL Anyway, I got the off-white inner borders on; the pink inner border on; the piano keys sewn together and two of those borders sewn on before time to leave. I finished up last night. WooHoo! All that is left is the QUILTING!


Is this cool or what? This was one of our treats. And it was delicious!

 
There were two other quilters with us and somehow I didn't get their pictures. Sorry, gals. They were working on hand piecing projects. Really pretty. We stayed at LeRetreat House in Gainesville. She offers a program called "Stay 5 nights get the 6th free". You don't have to stay five nights all in one retreat--they accumalate over retreats. I got a free night this time.  WooHoo! 
 
 
The cold front came through early yesterday afternoon and it is much cooler. 40s compared to 70s to wake up to. I won't mind not having 80s for highs, though. After all it is fall and we NEED fall temps. The leaves have been turning and are beautiful.
 
Hog Man did pretty good while I was gone. He said he got bored. His blood was tested one day while I was gone and it was too thin. So they have changed his prescription. Two more weeks of this and hopefully that nasty blood clot is completely gone.
 
I will get a picture of the completed quilt top later. It is overcast here this morning so the lighting is not so great.
 
Happy quilting and blessings,
Catering Quilter

1 comment:

  1. The quilt looks beautiful. Hope to see it at Guild Meeting soon. Sounds like you had a wonderful time.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. Please leave a comment so I can visit your blog.