Monday, March 04, 2013

It's a warm day in Texas

I had to run an errand or two after lunch today.  The bank's digital thermometer said 88 degrees.  Say what?!  I knew it was warm but not that warm.  But never fear--the weather man says it will be in the 50s tomorrow.  Oh joy.  Up down, up down. 

Well, you may be asking--"What about quilt retreat last week?"  I ate too much, stayed up waaaayyy too late, and got some sewing down.  And laughed, talked, etc. etc.  I did get several of the borders on the Star BOM sewn on.  I only needed two more to go and it was time to go home.  I called my DDIL the next morning (I am making it for their bed) and found out I was wrong.  I thought they had a queen size bed. Nope it's king size.  I am SO glad I called her.  SO I am adding a couple MORE borders to bring it up to size.  This seems to be the story of my life.  It's a good thing I had some extra fabric.  But there in is the challenge.  Story of my life I'm telling you!  Doesn't that ric-rac border look good?  Judy L of Patchwork Times is the designer. Of course when I was sewing them on I got the first one sewn on right.  The second I turned wrong and out came the seam ripper.  I stopped talking and paid more attention. LOL  I don't like ripping out. : (
In front of Kaleidoscope Quilt Shop are Ann, Billie, and Priscilla

Monday afternoon at retreat we all piled in cars and went to the quilt shop in town.  The next afternoon some of us decided we wanted to check out the quilt shop in Whitesboro. I had never been there.  The Kaleidocscope Quilt Shop is really nice.  If you're ever near the area I'm sure she would love for you to stop by.  We went in my car because it gets good gas mileage.  And you know how gas prices are!  When I went out to move things around to make room for my passengers (I had brought an extra sewing machine--just in case) I discovered that the little birdies had enjoyed berries up above my car. : (  What a mess! 

I will post pictures of my quilt soon.  I have had to do some calculating and scratching my head and I think I have it all figured out. 

Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. Please leave a comment so I can visit your blog.