Thursday, March 21, 2013

Computer is still alive

Well, maybe alive is not the right word.  I really don't want it to be ALIVE but you know what I mean.  Yesterday morning I tried to turn the laptop on and it wouldn't come on!  Oh, no.  I checked to make sure it was plugged in to the power source.  Yes.  But it would not come on.  : (   So I figured it had crashed.  I went on to Kraz-z Quilters meeting.  Hog Man checked it out on his lunch hour.  It had gotten unplugged where the adapter plugs into the power cord.  I was so relieved. 

It's been several weeks since I last posted.  What has been going on?  Let's see- the oldest two grandkids came for several days on their spring break.  DGD Aimee wanted to sew a stuffed animal or doll.  I happened to have a pattern. We decided on a doll.  I had some tea dyed muslin that worked really well.  She learned to cut out the pattern pinned to fabric.  She decided she wasn't too sure about sewing all the curvy seams.  So I did that.  Then we soon discovered I didn't have any poly-fil stuffing. No problem.  I had some left over poly batting scraps that we tore into small pieces and stuffed her.  Worked great. Then came the sewing on of felt eyes, sewing on a nose, sculpting the mouth, etc.  I soon discovered I didn't have any yarn for the hair.  I was avoiding going to Wally world at all costs during spring break with moms and screaming kids. Not my favorite place.  We got her a dress made.  It's been a LONG time since I have done that kind of sewing! 

Everything seems to be in bloom!  Red bud trees, fruit trees, weeds, etc.  I developed a cough last week.  I had a little fever--felt really yucky.  I do believe it is all allergy related.  Because I have experienced this before this time of year.  Long story short, I am feeling better--the cough is getting better.  Not so deep. 

In the midst of all of that I went out to Post Oak to visit the Post Oak Quilters.  I always enjoy the drive and putting on a little demo for them.  And they always have wonderful potluck luncheon!  And dessert. And this time it was DESSERTS!  I got a chance to see a two hundred year old New York Beauty quilt top!  Oh, the tiny piecing!  I didn't have my camera with me.  Bad blogger- I know.  If it was Bonnie Hunter you would have had a wonderful picture and full story.  But alas I am not Bonnie.  Sorry.  Speaking of Bonnie -- are you enjoying her Quilt-Cam sessions or what?!  I love that she found a new way to share them so they are achived to watch later. 

I didn't realize Sissy got in the picture. You can see the blue tarp that protected the roof after holes were knocked into it still laying on the sidewalk. 
Remember in December when we had a strong cold front hit and one of the huge branches of the sycamore tree broke off and hit our house and electric service sending an electrical surge through our house?  This is what remains of the tree.  Sawdust.  Oh, how I hated to see this tree go.  It was such a source of shade for our backyard. But half of it had died and I was anxious every time the wind got up--there was another almost as large branch dead as well.  It looks SO different with it gone.  We used to enjoy moving our chairs out under the tree in the afternoon and evenings.  The orioles will have to find another tree to make their nest this year.  There has been a lot of trees that have died throughout Texas the last couple of years due to the drought. 

Blessings and happy quilting, 

1 comment:

  1. Hope you feeling much better. Yes I am loving Bonnie Hunters quilt cams. At least when I have time to sit and watch them. Today it's plum jelly making time. Tomorrow is sewing time. :)


Thanks for visiting. Please leave a comment so I can visit your blog.