Thursday, April 04, 2013

Catching Up

This post is long over due.  Where has the time gone?  Let's see--I spent about two weeks under the weather with allergies.  I have never before had so much trouble with allergies.  They sure side lined me.  Now I am playing catch up.  Is it possible to get two weeks back?  I don't know but I am sure trying.

First off-- I have special prayer requests.  Our neighbor, Carla, suffered a massive heart attack on Sunday morning and died yesterday.  Could you please lift her family in prayer at this time?  Another request--our DS#1 had back surgery on Mar. 25 and is recovering.  And one of my quilting buddies, Alice, found a lump in her breast and it is positive for cancer.  She has surgery this next week.  I told her she would be in many people's prayers.  Thank you for your prayers.


I had a real treat on March 23.  The First Presbyterian Church here in town hosted the Supper Quilt modeled after The Last Supper painting by da Vinci.  It was a site to see.  They also displayed quilts on the pews and hung on the balcony.  The ladies of the church did a wonderful job.  They had wonderful refreshments and a violinist playing.  This is the same church where our Wednesday group Kraz-z Quilters meets.  They asked us to have our room open and some of us volunteered to spend that time hand quilting for those who walked through to see quilting in action.  I had a wonderful time and enjoyed it tremendously. 

I am making progress on my DD's Dresden Plate quilt.  I try to quilt an hour in the morning and a couple of hours or so in the evening.  But I am going to have to hurry--May deadline is approaching and with the weather warming up; a quilt is not comfortable to be under.  ; )

Can you see the tulips I marked in the pink border?  I used a Frixion pen. 




I have two groups of quilters to visit next week.  I am busy this week getting ready.  It is going to be fun!

Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. Please leave a comment so I can visit your blog.