Monday, June 09, 2008

Finished!



Here it is --ta dah! All quilted and bound! And you know what I've already cut out another 4 Patch Stacked Posies before I have completed the Rose 4PSP and the Flower Box. Bad quilter! Shame on me, I know. I told you I was addicted. These are the two fabrics I am using and in the next picture are two blocks laid out for sewing. There's lots of purple in this quilt; although, you may not can tell it by the phot0. Anyway, I have cut two different size blocks. The individual squares above are cut 3" and the larger ones I have cut are 5 3/4". I will sash them with Kona Bone and a pretty purple fabric I found. I am thinking of giving this to a lady in my Wednesday group for a house warming present. She loves purple. In fact, her new bedroom is painted purple. Would my husband die or what?!
Never fails--if we have the water going in the garden it rains. A nice shower of rain just came and I had just turned off the well right before it started raining. Last time we had the sprinkler going we got an inch of rain and it was lightning and raining so hard I didn't turn off the well until it was over. I'm not complaining; mind you, we need this rain very badly. I can't wait for fresh squah, etc. etc. My daughter got her squash in several weeks before we did and she is enjoying fresh squash now. A friend of ours is harvesting fresh blackberries. She doesn't have as many this year because we didn't have as much rain. My oh my aren't some people getting massive amounts of rain and flooding? Seems like if they aren't getting tornadoes they're getting floods. And if they're not getting that then they're getting the heat.
Okay, I need an idea for the label to put on the Pink 4 Patch Stacked Posies. Got any ideas just leave a comment or email me. Thanks. I need all the help I can get.
Thanks goes out to Patsy. She told me how to get the Quilting Bloggers badge on my blog. I told you I need help! LOL Speaking of the Quilting Bloggers, that is an amazing site. I absolutely love reading other bloggers pages about as much as I love the 4 Patch Stacked Posies. If you haven't listed your blog be sure and go by and do it.
Blessings and happy quilting,

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I think that is gorgeous! What is on the back? Could it be that lovely plaid at the very top on the picture? I clicked on the pictue and made it larger and I could see the plaid.

    The rain missed us, but wish it hadn't. I can taste your squash now. I hope your garden thrives and you have bushels of everything. Fresh garden produce can't be beat.

    Is this your quilt or a gift?
    Take care . . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marilyn

    I really like the colors of this stacked posy quilt. The new fabric I bought is much closer to this type than the last one I made--great job.

    Mary

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. Please leave a comment so I can visit your blog.