Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Helllloooo Summer!

Oh, joy! Temps in the mid 90's and high humidity and feels like +100. We had Paradise Piecemakers Saturday and when Clara Ruth came in she said, "Everybody repeat after me! One, two, three, I HATE SUMMER. I have put deodorant on twice and it hasn't done any good." We do have wind at our house, Thank God! The only saving in this humidity. But my personal summers don't help either. LOL But they aren't as bad as what they were a year ago.We live on a little higher elevation than ground around us and it seems the wind most always blows except in late July and August (the dog days). My prayers go out to those who have lost their homes and loved ones in the tornadoes and storms.
We had a nice time at Paradise Saturday. There were quite a few there in spite of the holiday weekend. I worked on the "Time Travel" quilt. Everybody thinks I'm crazy for working with such little pieces. Maybe I am! It is time-consuming. The quilt "grows much slower".I pieced two saw-toothed borders and got one sewn on the length of one side. These half-squares are left over from the flying geese in the "Soaring Past Time" blocks and are 1 1/2" and finish at 1". I hadn't done a saw-tooth border before. I had to dig out some books and find how they meet at the corners. Hmmm. Seems as though if I want mine to meet like what I have in mind I have sewn the width wise border in the wrong direction. Story of my life! Hello seam ripper. Maybe I have enough half-squares leftover to piece another without ripping out what I have already done. Hope so. Anyway here's a picture.


I went to Wal-Mart last week to pick up DH's prescription and some things and found this
fabric (gotta look-right?) and I want to make another 4 Patch Stacked Posies quilt and I saw this setting at http://edutach.blogspot.com/2008/04/flower-box-quilt.html#links and want to do one like it. What can I say I am addicted to these; is there any help for those of us who are addicted? Is there something like AA or NA? Maybe SnWA? or 4PSPA? I also bought fabric for the sashing and borders for Rose 4 Patch Stacked Posies at our Duckwalls or Alco for some of you so I will be getting that together shortly.

Oldest DS came Sunday and we grilled steaks and we watched a movie I had gotten from Netflix.
Then, on Monday I helped DH move some of his pig pens around. He moved the baby pigs out of the barn. We moved panels around so the calves could get to some grass near the garden. My garden is doing good! I did have to replace some of the tomatoes. I gotta hoe it out this week. We got 2/10 of an inch of rain Sunday morning early. Amazing what a little rain can do for things. Thank you, God, for the rain.

And here is a pic of DGS and DGD after one of their games.



We are almost done hand quilting my pink 4 Patch Stacked Posies at Kraz-z Quilters. Tomorrow will finish it up and then I can bind it and post a picture. I gotta cook something for tomorrow -- got any ideas?
I have a lot to do around here in the next few weeks and months--the garden, machine quilting, my "catering" business, Kid's Camp with the quilt guild in June, keeping youngest DGS a week in July, blah, blah, blah so you may not hear from me much in the upcoming months. Just know that I miss blogland and you.

Blessings and happy quilting,

1 comment:

  1. Hi Marilyn,
    I looovvve your quilt! Lots of motion there and the color is great.

    You are going to be very busy! Try to make time to post a photo of your latest finished quilt. Can't wait to see it.

    Patricia

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. Please leave a comment so I can visit your blog.