Sunday, March 15, 2009

Copyright and no pictures

So sorry but I cannot post pictures from the Dallas Quilt Show due to the paragraph in the program under Quilt Photography-

"You may photograph entries in the judged show. However, please respect the copyright protection to which our quiltmakers are entitled by obtaining written permission from the quiltmaker before posting a photo on the internet."

Since I only have a name, city, and state I don't see how I could contact these quiltmakers.
There were some really pretty quilts. I thank the Quilter's Guild of Dallas for putting on another wonderful show. There were a lot of neat and very interesting vendor booths. Oh and I gotta tell you--John Flynn was there. My fellow quilter, Priscilla, invited her sister who is a budding quilter to meet us at the show. Her sister, Anna, bought one of John Flynn's quilting frames. In the process (this was toward the end of the show) we got to have one on one time with John Flynn. He is a very nice man. I so admire his designs and machine quilting. John was one of the judges for the show this year. John has a blog here.

Okay, that's all for now. I gotta go get ready for retreat.

Blessings and happy quilting,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. Please leave a comment so I can visit your blog.