Tuesday, September 04, 2012

Home Again round 2

Home is such a nice place to be! My step-dad passed away Friday after suffering a massive heart attack Thursday. His service was Monday morning. My mother has done very well considering. He had been in the nursing home over a year after suffering several strokes. So she thinks it will be easier since she has already been living alone. He will be missed we know. But it was merciful for God to take him home.

We drove home last night. I will need to go back and help her with paperwork in a week or so. Hog Man had a therapy session scheduled this morning. He made the trip pretty good. His knee did stiffen some after all the riding in the car. We took his CPM machine and ice man with us. And of course Sissy, aka "Little Doggy", who is my shadow.

We have been moving hogs around today. : ) Did you know it is hot? It is in the upper 90s. But it's got to be done. We would have done it early before it got hot but for his therapy session. We will survive. We do a little and come back in for him to rest and get a drink and cool off. Then back again. So far two sows and babies moved out of the barn to make room for two more due this week. More babies! We will move the mothers-to-be in later when it is cooler. 

A week ago--seems like a blur--while we were waiting for all the paperwork and such to dismiss Hog Man from the hospital I decided to do a little shopping for a couple of hours. I had a gift certificate from Material Girl Quilt Shop in Denton, Tx that I won on the WCQG bus trip in May. And it was to expire SOON. So I redeemed it! She had fat quarters on sale for $1.25 each.

I found several that will work nicely in the sashing and border on DD Amanda's quilt -- that I HAVE to finish SOON. Then after getting my fix -- LOL I went on to Sam's Club to get the things on my list. I visited Chic-fil-A for lunch. I hadn't eaten at one of their restaurants in years. Nice atmosphere.
This is one of the little quilts I took to the hospital to put the binding on. These were the triangles sent home with members to sew into a square and bring back. I really like it.
 
This is the backing fabric. Sorry for the fuzzy picture. They are paper dolls. So cute. Fabric was donated by a guild member.


Disappearing 9 Patch I put together as my contribution for the guild's baby quilts going to WCPRC. Bound at the hospital.


I have another little quilt for the guild's baby quilt project put together. I will take a picture later after I quilt it.
 
Blessings,



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. Please leave a comment so I can visit your blog.