Thursday, January 03, 2013

Quilting Away and Happy New Year



I have almost completed block #8 on DD Amanda's Dresden plate quilt last night.  I borrowed a bigger hoop from quilt club and it allows me to quilt more before I have to move it.  And I am getting used to quilting with a thimble! I never thought I would-- EVER.  Never too late to teach an old dog new tricks.  The thimble I am using is a leather one with metal on both sides of the tip.  One problem I was having was the leather was stretching and the thimble would slip off my finger.  I wrapped it with a wide rubber band to get it just snug enough to not slip off.  It works. Doesn't look real great but it works! 

Many thanks to my friend, Priscilla.  When DGD Aimee spent the night with us on the 23rd, she asked me, "NaNaw, when are you going to make my quilt?"  So I pulled her tote out with the fabrics I had been collecting and her pattern and we determined which ones she liked and didn't.  We decided she needed to hand embroider a couple more butterflies for it. She had one that she had done on another visit so she started another one.  And this is where my friend Priscilla comes in.  I took the fabrics to Kraz-z Quilters yesterday and asked her opinion.  She is so good with colors.  I appreciate her input and advice.  We all need friends like her. 

I've got to mention here that another quilting buddy, Marjorie, got to take a Bonnie Hunter class recently.  She drove to Plano to Fabric Fanatics for her class and had a spectacular time.  I am so happy for her!  She told me I HAD to go next year.  I am thinking she is right!  It would be wonderful! Priscilla, are you with us?  Mandy?

Goals for 2013 . . .  lose 15 to 20 pounds (there I said it-online-it is out in the public).  I lost 7 pounds this last year and gained most of it back during Thanksgiving and Christmas.  My goal is to lose 1 to 2 pounds a month. 

Finish more quilts.  Always.  Specifically- DD Amanda's Dresden will be finished before May when she gets her Master's Degree.  Her course work is finished -- that is when she will walk across the stage if she chooses.  Finish piecing DS#2 Marcus' quilt and get started quilting on it.  Finish piecing DGS Mac's quilt, start piecing DGD Aimee's quilt, finish the pillow shams for DS#1 Brian's quilt and quilt them.  Get with my younger sister and decide on fabrics for her quilt and get started on it.  That's all the personal stuff.  Then there are samples for when I go and do a demo.  Lots of quilting in the forecast! Love it!

Blessings from the Catering Quilter







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. Please leave a comment so I can visit your blog.