Monday, May 04, 2009

Hummers!

Click on photos to enlarge.


We have been enjoying watching the hummingbirds at the feeders. Here are a few pictures I have managed to snap. They are fast! The best I can tell from reading online these hummers are Ruby-throated hummingbirds. If I'm wrong, someone please correct me.

We've received almost 4 inches of rain this last week. Three inches fell early Thursday morning and then another 3/4 inch came Saturday. Everything is looking so much better! The grass is growing (and the weeds, of course). I planted thirteen tomato plants a week ago. Two are Husky Gold and the other eleven are Brandywine variety. DH will get me some ground plowed and we will plant the rest sometime in the next week or so.

Most of our schools in the county are closed today due to precautions with the Swine Flu. Each have cases of influenza that are being tested for Swine Flu.


I have sewn all the 4 Patch Stacked Posies with their settings as the previous tutorial. I will be joining them together today or tomorrow. Then a couple of borders and either quilting or tying for a C.A.S.A. quilt. I have too many projects going right now and need to finish some just so I can think clearly. HELP!


Happy spring and good weather and happy quilting,

2 comments:

  1. Prayers that you won't be affected by the flu.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love to watch hummingbirds..thanks for the pics...we will have some when it is a little warmer...and no swine flu for the child of God...the blood is on the doorpost of my heart and Psalm 91 says no plague can come near my dwelling IF I dwell in the secret place of the Most High and abide under the shadow of the Almighty...Don't you love the Word of God ...what a comfort each day as challenges are faced. I rejoice in Him this day. You have a wonderful day...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. Please leave a comment so I can visit your blog.