Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Butterball and Pieces Parts

That title will make you look, huh?! LOL I will 'splain. Butterball is the new kitten and Pieces Parts is the new quilt. Not as bad as it sounded.


Here he is sleeping--shhh! ON MAX'S MAT! Yup, the critter has taken over. Isn't he cute? I took this while he was sleeping because he doesn't stay still long.



This is what DGD Aimee and I started when she last was here. Pieces Parts! Below you will see her inspiration. It is a skirt for my short arm quilting machine table--I hide things under there. Shhhh! Anyway this is my version of the skirt below. I did not make the one below -- it came with the machine. Pretty neat, huh? Hers are very neat--mine are kind of wonky. I have been sewing pieces parts together for days. Click on the picture to make it bigger. I was thinking this would make a good leader and ender project like Bonnie H. does.

And I wasn't able to use my design wall (bed) because I already had something on it. Yes, it is gathering dust waiting for me to finish the project above so I can change thread to dark and finish it. What do you think?
We went to a fundraiser concert Saturday night at a local church. A nice Christian band played. At the end of the concert a young man gave us a show in the parking lot. I have no idea what these are called. He took these baseball sized balls that hung by cords lit each ball with a flame and began to twirl them. Really neat!
I pulled sunflowers beside the pig pens this morning. I told DH that I had declared war on them. He asked me if I won. I told him we had merely had a battle and the war wasn't over. See you shortly after sunrise, Sunflowers! Where I have pulled them up the grass has been able to take over. Yay!
Happy quilting and blessings,

1 comment:

  1. The new quilts are looking very promising, marilyn, and of course, Butterball looks totally gorgeous!

    The 'fire balls' are called poi (pronounced poy) here in Australia. My son does fire twirling. He uses sticks and fire swords. He has tried poi without the fire and does quite well, but wants to get his skill up more with them before lighting them.

    They are quite difficult to keep moving away from your body by the look of them. Well, that's my opinion anyway. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. Please leave a comment so I can visit your blog.