Friday, January 14, 2011

If you haven't checked it out--

You really will want to. It being Maria Peagler's blog. She's the author of Color Mastery--don't we all need a little help with color? The link is to her personal blog. She also has a website and a blog professionally. Check out the snow they got at her house.

I also listened to Pat Sloan's radio broadcast while I did some things around the house. It is so cool to me to hear how the quilt designers we hear about and purchase their books and patterns got started and about their personal lives.

I trimmed the Time Travel quilt for binding. I cut 2 1/2" strips for the binding to make ready for my part of the demo at our guild meeting Saturday. Several of us are demonstrating specialty rulers. I will demo the Binding Ruler. Patsy, I discovered another use for the ruler. I will take pictures and post a tutorial. You can use the ruler to cut the angles for your binding strips BEFORE you sew them together. This eliminates the need to mark a line, sew, then cut. I made another binding yesterday in record time. Not sure how long-I didn't time myself-but I've never timed myself. LOL But it was definitely faster.

Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. Please leave a comment so I can visit your blog.