Saturday, March 15, 2008

Dallas Quilt Show

I got to go to the Dallas Quilt Show on Friday! Woohoo! Double woohoo! It was absolutely wonderful. Two ladies from Wednesday group and I went and had a blast. I had never been to the Dallas show. I was like a little kid going to Disney World. I couldn't sleep the night before. I was up very early and was ready to go waay early. I will post a few pictures later. My camera batteries ran out and are charging. AND tonight and for a couple of days we have DGD spending some time with us. Triple woohoo! She called this afternoon and asked, "NawNaw, can I come spend the night?" What do you think I said? SURE! We worked on her little patchwork quilt that I am showing her how to hand piece. She is really doing very well for 5 1/2 years old. She can thread a needle all by herself. She is going to go with me to my Wednesday group(she's supposed to get to stay that long and we are hoping so). I told her she could thread the needles for the ladies and show them her patchwork quilt and she was thrilled. They will just think she is the absolute best thing around. AND for her bedtime story I read The Quiltmaker's Gift. She loves that book.

And I will post some pictures later.

Blessings,

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you got to go to the quilt show and I'm looking forward to seeing your photos. I know you had a wonderful time.

    I remember threading needles when I was small, and getting on the floor under the quilt.

    Enjoy the time with DGD, 'cause it's special - she will be a teen before you know it.

    Patricia

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. Please leave a comment so I can visit your blog.