Sunday, March 30, 2008

Quilty Stuff

Here are pictures of my purchases at the Dallas Quilt Show:
I bought some fat quarters, a thing-a-ma-jig to hold stuff, and redwork patterns and fabric for a redwork quilt
.


And here are yo-yos I made with the Clover Yo-Yo maker.

At Paradise Piecemakers yesterday, Kathleen had her yo-yo maker and demonstrated how to use it SOOO I got one out of inventory and started making yo-yo's last night. It is really FAST and EASY. I have more yo-yo makers on order 'cause now I've decided that's what I will demo at a guild meeting in a couple weeks. Clover also makes heart shaped and flower shaped yo-yo makers and when they come in I will practice them, too. Now I'm addicted, Thanks, Kathleen!

Blessings,

1 comment:

  1. Hi there!

    I love your red fabrics - one of my favorite colors :)

    I have that size yo-yo maker, and one that is called flower shape. It is a small size, makes a 1 3/8 inch flower. Have you tried that one yet? When it's gathered up it looks like flower petals and you can put another tiny piece of fabric for the center. You can put bead/beads for the center. I'm going to email you a purse that has yo-yo's on it. It isn't my purse though . . . wish it was! It's the reason I bought the yo-yo maker. Oh, if days only had more than 24 hours. LOL

    I love the red work, too. That will be beautiful.

    Take care,
    Patricia

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. Please leave a comment so I can visit your blog.