Thursday, July 17, 2008

Hello World!

Last week and the three days of retreat went by like a blur! What fun I have had! God is so good! My DH is so good to me.

First off -- I didn't get a lot of pictures of Aimee. We were too busy having fun! Here she is doing a craft for NaNaw.

She made me a 3D paper sculpture of my Max. He is sitting down and do you see his tail in the second picture. She is going to be six next month. I am amazed at her imagination.

And she helped me sort my scraps. She is also very good at sorting.
Her mommy is a dream at organizing. I believe she inherited those traits.


My DH brought these stacked plastic bins from work. He found them in a storage area and they were going to throw them away. And now any thing smaller than a fat quarter lives here except for squares that are already cut down and the strings already sorted for projects. I even got all my bigger pieces folded and stacked. Yippeee!


I also made her a purse from this pattern while she sewed yo-yo's using the Clover yo-yo maker. And you DGMs out there know--it's "NaNaw, my thread is tangled!" or "Nanaw, I don't know what I did, but can you help me?" So the purse took much longer than I wanted it to. But it turned out cute. Sorry, I forgot to take a picture. Bad blogger, I know. I got caught up in the moment. Did I say moment? It was hours. It really is a simple pattern but the whole fitting the side/bottom piece to the front and back thingy took ME a while. And I do plan on making her an outfit to go along with the purse. I got her measurements.

We went swimming at the public pool. There were NO pictures. I (ahem) have gained weight since the last time I wore my swimsuit. So I wore shorts so folks couldn't see where I oosed out of my suit. We had a lot of fun.

Okay, now for the retreat! Oh, my gosh, we had so much fun! We can't wait to do it again. We stayed at The Quilt House in Azle, Texas. It was just what our small group of four needed. She can handle eight but it gave us good room and honestly eight would be a little crowded. It is very affordable! We would like to go back someday soon. But we also want to try out some others. She didn't have an area with a sofa and that would have been nice to relax. But we were very busy sewing, talking, and of course, EATING. Oh, my gosh, I am still so full.
The first picture is myself on the left and my fellow quilter, Jan, enjoying the swing. I finished the Time Travel quilt. Woohoo! And the purple 4 Patch Stacked Posies is on the design wall. I had never used a design wall. Oh, my gosh! Wonderful! There were three design walls. I got all the blocks sewn together for the purple 4PSP and then barely got started with the sashing before it was time to go. On Tuesday we shopped at a local quilt shop. AND Nancy, the owner of The Quilt House, runs an online quilt store from the converted garage in The Quilt House and she is a vendor (Quiltin' Gals) at a lot of the big quilt shows SO we got to shop her store anytime day or night we wanted. She specializes in 30's reproduction prints. She has more fabric than a lot of quilt shops, folks. There is very little walking room in her store.

This is a very long post and I will post some more pictures in another post. Bye for now.
Blessings,

2 comments:

  1. Hi,I came to read you newest post, but it isn't here :(
    Hope you had a wonderful time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, now it is there *grin*. Your little Aimee is adorable and I know you had lots of fun.

    I'm glad you had a great time at the retreat. I think you are one talented later, I could never do what you do!

    Maybe y'all can check out the retreat in Mt. Calm. The photos I've seen online are really nice.

    Gotta get these cookies finished for family night at VBS tonight.

    Thanks for posting all those good photos.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. Please leave a comment so I can visit your blog.