Saturday, August 02, 2008

Blackeyed Peas and Zucchini Jam



I picked blackeyed peas this morning and then shelled them this afternoon. I also made a batch of zucchini jam. I did taste the jam. I'm not sure DH is going to like it. I made a Pear Marmalade years ago and he called it "Marmaduke Puke". Both the Pear Marmalade and the Zucchini Jam have pineapple in them. Anyway I pureed the zucchini and pineapple after cooking the zucchini then I made the jam. Only time will tell on it's fate. BUT the Zucchini Bread I made and posted last post has all been eaten. We both liked it immensely. I plan on baking another loaf tomorrow.
Blessings,

1 comment:

  1. You need Aimee to help you shell peas. It's been years since I've eaten fresh blackeyed peas, but I love them.

    I had to laugh about what your DH said about your pear marmalade. I've never had zucchini jam, but it looks beautiful.

    Once upon a time I canned pickled beets. I remember I started out with a lot, but the finished product was only several jars, not near what I thought there would be. They tasted like what I get at the store, so that was the end of that. I would like to make dill pickles using my great-aunt's recipe - out of this world, and certainly nothing store bought tastes like they did.

    I do hope the jam goes over well.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. Please leave a comment so I can visit your blog.