Tuesday, December 23, 2008

I'm still alive

Yeah, just been busy like everyone else this time of year. DH was on vacation last week. He had plans to get so much done outside on his hog pens and the weather didn't cooperate (freezing cold -- no freezing precip). We did haul some to the auction in Gainesville and then three to the butcher in Weatherford for customers. We shopped for Christmas on Monday, hauled hogs Tuesday, Kraz-z Quilters party on Wednesday, DH left to go deer hunting on Thursday thru Saturday, Sunday we celebrated Christmas with our kids and families. And the Saturday before I had my guild party. I don't work full time as many of you do so I can't imagine what it would be like to do everything and work also.


But in the mix of all of this I've been having headaches. I'm thinking they are sinus headaches. And I think I must have pulled something in my back between my shoulder blades. So Ibuprofen has been a friend lately.






I made four of Terry Atkinson's Fat Sacks (link in sidebar under Tutorials). Her directions are very easy to follow and the bags are really substantial for grocery shopping. I made mine to use for Christmas gifts. I bought four yards of ducking at Wal-Mart. I wanted something substantial and yet inexpensive. I'm not sure the ducking would machine wash well but spot cleaning would work. In Terry's pattern she recommends home decor fabric. That would work well too if you have some say left over from a project or you have a source from a discount fabric store or a Goodwill. Hey, old draperies would work to cut some from. I'm into SAVING MONEY. You could even add a pocket if you so desired. I have a little fabric left over and I'm thinking of making smaller bags for like cards or items that need a little protection from other items in your shopping bag. I didn't think my boys would like this fabric (too colorful) so I wrapped DD and DIL's presents in these and bought them some at Wal-Mart. I was going to make some for them but the headaches started.


I FOUND some fabric under my quilting machine's table. Do you ever do that? I thought, "Where did this come from?" I don't buy this kind of fabric. There were scraps of velveteen, corduroy, and some really neat stuff. I decided it must have been some my sister in Florida sent me. She shops at her local Goodwill and finds things all the time. Speaking of my sister -- she and her DH will be visiting after Christmas. Yay!


I have joined a challenge. Lindi invited me to join in her Get It Done Challenge for 2009. The challenge is to finish UFOs in 2009. Just the push I need to finish my daughter's Dresden Plate quilt. The one she was supposed to have received when she graduated from high school. She has since graduated from college and married. Hmmmm yeah it will be a challenge. But I will get it done!


We bought a new camera while shopping. It is a Nikon S550. The pic of the bag above was taken with it. And I will leave you with a snapshot of my DGKs. Mason didn't want to sit for his picture to be taken.





Merry Christmas and May God bless you and your family,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. Please leave a comment so I can visit your blog.