Friday, April 24, 2009

My Favorite Quilt


I don't meet or make many quilts that I don't like or love for that matter. LOL But in choosing a favorite I would have to say that this 4 Patch Stacked Posies is my favorite. I absolutely love the kaldeiscope effect of these quilts. I first saw a quilt made from this pattern at Judy L's blog and fell in love. Sorry it was on her old blog and now I can't show you the picture of the quilt she made. One Saturday at Paradise Piecemakers a couple of years ago someone had brought in a fabric stash of a quilter who had died. She had started making curtains from this fabric. One curtain was partially made. I fell in love with it and brought it home. I took the seams apart and pressed it; stacked it and whacked it.
I've since made many more and continue to spread the addiction. Yes, it is habit forming! AND I have discovered so many ways of setting the blocks together! So fun.
Park City Girl is hosting a Quilt Festival and today is the last day to enter! So hurry on over and read how to enter your favorite quilt and register for prizes. It is going to be fun to visit all the sites and see all the quilts.
Blessings,

14 comments:

  1. Such a lovely quilt, Well done! So glad you have joined this most delicious festival

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful quilt. Love the colors. Thanks for sharing about it. And yes, we all need the Good News!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful quilt! Cool that you used her fabric from the curtain. I'm sure it would have pleased her.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just a gorgeous quilt! Fantastic job!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The colors are so pretty. I just love this. Nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, that is sooo beautiful.

    I might not be around for a few days. My lower back is pitching on of its fits :( This only happens about twice a year and this is day 4 of this bout with it. I'm taking a prescription med. for it and it usually takes several days for it to get well. I only started taking the medicine this morning. I've been taking Tylenol. I realize I should have started the Skelaxin on day one! I hate to take medicine.

    Have a great weekend,
    Patsy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful quilt! I love the soft colors :) Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great quilt. I love the soft colors and strong pattern

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great quilt. Stacked Posies are so interesting. On my to do list along with a hundred others! You did a great job on the tutorial too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very pretty. I really like it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you so much, I came here through the Park City Virtual Quilt-show. Not only do I dearly love your beautiful quilt, but the music was a great encouragement, I left your blog up all the time I was cooking Sunday dinner. Yes, I know, what was I doing quilt-surfing while dinner was cooking? It's chili - has to cook long and gentle. Even in New Jersey, I know that!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. Please leave a comment so I can visit your blog.