Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Hello

If you're still reading-thanks and God bless. I am adjusting to DH being home--if you ladies know what I mean?! LOL We are doing better. LOL

I am picking okra every day. More than we can eat in one day so I am sharing. : ) We are getting a few cucumbers, tomatoes, and yellow squash. AND I'm picking blackeyed peas about once a week. I cooked a big pot with bacon ends yesterday along with a pan of cornbread. Yummy! Patsy, I hope you've gotten rain today. We missed out on this round.

Today, I attended the memorial service for our darling and beloved Agnes. She passed Saturday at 96 years of age. I am so thankful to have known her. The church was nearly packed. Everyone loved her. I don't know how many baby quilts Agnes made in her lifetime! If only she could have lived long enough to see the next great grand baby that is due very soon. Brian, David Walker is going to be a father.

Today as we sat around the quilting frame after the memorial service we talked about others who were in our club who have passed on. We had a good time remembering. Tell me about your memories of some special quilter in your life.

Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. Please leave a comment so I can visit your blog.