Wednesday, July 01, 2009

It is a small world after all!

Park City Girl had a quilt festival online a couple of months ago and I go back to her site and look at more quilts from time to time. I happened onto to this one and thought, "I've seen this quilt before." Sure enough. I have a book Friendships in Bloom and on page 34 there is a picture of the beginnings of this quilt. The book is based on round robin exchanges between women from America and Norway. From what I understand the center block was made by the owner of the quilt and then passed on for a row to be added. I bought the book because I was involved in a round robin several years ago and enjoyed and for the interesting border ideas. It was very interesting to see this quilt again and completed.



Happy quilting and blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. Please leave a comment so I can visit your blog.