Friday, May 17, 2013

Feelings

Warning: This post is HEAVY.
I know that what is posted on the internet stays somewhere on the internet forever so I try to choose my words remembering that.  The last several days have been filled with emotions and memories.  My nephew who suffered a gun shot when he was 16 and was made a paraplegic has died this week due to severe infections in his body.  He has battled wound infections off and on this last year; spending months at a time in the wound hospital.  He lost a leg due to an infection almost ten years ago.  And I know all this second hand and I call it "eavesdropping" on facebook.

I have never really known my nephew.  He was born when I was in high school.  There were a lot of family dynamics that went on.  My parent's marriage was dissolving and of course being a teenager I had my own things going on.  More family dynamics with sides being chosen when the divorce happened.  Families can be complicated.  I realize now that ours was a dyfunctional one.  Are there really any normal ones?  I am so thankful for having married into Hog Man's family.  I learned what hugs and kisses were.  I learned to say please and thank you and I'm sorry.  And that families are important and you have to work at getting along rather than choosing to stay apart over a disagreement. 

So my heart is heavy.  Even if I didn't really know him I know there are those who are hurting.  I know he went through battles.  I also know he has fought the good fight and it is now over for him.  He has ultimately won!  Praise God!

Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. Please leave a comment so I can visit your blog.