Thursday, May 02, 2013

Hello May!

Yesterday was warm -- 80s.  Today it is not -- 40s.  How weird is that? 

Last week was busy.  Last Thursday we had a blast in Post Oak with the Busy Bee Quilters.  They had asked me to demo some specialty rulers.  I asked my quilting buddy, Priscilla, if she would come and demo some rulers as well.  She has made so many amazing quilts and I knew she had great experience with rulers.  I also invited two other Kraz-z Quilters to ride with us and join in on the fun.  So Kathleen and Mickey joined Priscilla and I.  I had such a good time.  The Post Oak ladies had invited two other groups so there was a few extra ladies. I also demonstrated Worry Free Bias Binding.  It was a beautiful spring day and we had a great time.

Then Friday, you know there is the necessary stuff--laundry, vacuuming, etc. Straightening etc. etc.  I put a small quilt on the machine and finished it up Saturday.  Sunday was a quiet day.  Monday I machined the binding on the little quilt and started the hand part.  Then Tuesday I was invited to go with some quilty friends to Dallas to the fabric warehouse district.  Two of the ladies were looking for specialty fabrics for church vestments and banners.  I was basically along for the fun.  I had been warned it would be an all day trip.  And it was.  We left town at 8am and got home at 9pm.  I heard several different languages spoken from shoppers.  We oohed and aahed over sparkly fabrics--dance, bridal, etc.  There was drapery and upholstery fabrics.  And there was a nice surprise--buttons!  One warehouse had rooms of buttons.  What fun we had looking and going through them. 


Boxes, bins, plastic boxes and giant bins all full of buttons! 

I had been warned to dress comfortably.  So glad I chose my athletic shoes and not my sandals.  My feet didn't hurt after all that walking. 

We had to stop by Quilt Country quilt shop in Lewisville coming back.  I love their bright store.  It is well arranged and they have nice samples.

We were famished so we stopped at Golden Corral then a must stop by Sam's Club and after many laughs and non-stop talking we were back home.  So fun. We all need days like that.

Yesterday, of course, was Kraz-z Quilters.  We are working on Kathleen's Triple Irish Chain in pinks and brown.  I got home and had an invite to come do a demo in a nearby town.  I am grinning.  I love it.  Today? Errands, cooking, cleaning, and more quilting. ; )

Blessings and happy quilting,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. Please leave a comment so I can visit your blog.