Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Tornado

My heart goes out to the people of Moore, Oklahoma.  Read more about it here.  The weather man is forecasting more possiblities of severe weather today.  We got a sprinkle yesterday.  Points north--nearer the Oklahoma border-- had a tornado touch.  This weather pattern with humidity and warm temperatures--90s is much more normal than recent years with the drought. 

The tornado that happened in Granbury last week was just east of where DS#1 lives.  We received 1 1/2 inches of much appreciated rain.  The grass immediately perked up.  I have teeny weeny zucchini on the plants.  And one green tomato!  Looking good.  I can't wait to taste them. 

This past Saturday was WCQG meeting.  It was a good meeting and I did the Worry Free Bias Binding demo for them. 

I took a break from quilting on the Dresden plate quilt.  Temps were too warm to sit under it!  Until we turned the a/c on.  The humidity was just too great not to turn it on.  So now the quilting continues.  I am almost to the end of the 2nd border.  I marked the corner this morning.  I am finding that the chalk marks are disappearing with my handling if I mark too far ahead.  This is not loose chalk but a chalk cartridge. 

I don't think I am going to be able to keep up with Hog Man.  He empties the feed sacks faster than I can sew them!  Those little pigs are growing fast!  Which is a good thing. : ) 

I gotta share a recipe of sorts.  I had some leftovers in the fridge.  Little pieces of this and that.  Steamed broccoli, mashed potatoes, roast beef.  I had seen a recipe on Pinterest for broccoli patties.  My mother used to make potato pancakes.  I only had about 1/2 cup of mashed potatoes--not enough for potato pancakes.  I had about a cup of leftover steamed broccoli that needed using or would have to be thrown out.  So I chopped the broccoli and mixed in the mashed potatoes.  Then I sprinkled in dry minced onions and broke an egg and stirred.  I added some frozen corn--maybe 1/3 to 1/2 cup.  Then I added a tablespoon of cornmeal and about a fourth cup of flour and seasoned with salt and pepper.  I took small spoonfuls and pan-fried them for our lunch yesterday.  The roast beef was minced up and added to white sauce and served over toast for a fast tasty lunch.  Leftovers gone! 

Happy quilting and blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. Please leave a comment so I can visit your blog.