Friday, May 03, 2013

Making Progress





 
Slow progress.  One corner is completely done. Yay!  Outer borders and piano keys are done on 1 1/2 sides.  I used a Frixion pen to mark the tulips in the pink border.  I haven't tried to remove it yet. I used a chalk cartridge pen in the off white.  I have used the Frixion pens before with success.  But I did read on a quilting board that on batiks and dark fabrics when you use the heat to remove the marks they turn white.  I did some experimenting.  And it is true.  On batiks it wasn't nearly as noticeable as on black and other dark fabrics. On Kona cotton in Bone color it left a faint grayish line that could only be seen if you turned the fabric at an angle.  So quilters beware.  Always test.  Hand quilters are always looking for that perfect marker that can be removed easily.  Will I continue to use Frixion pens?  Probably.  I will test on the fabric before I mark with them. 

I didn't get to clean yesterday.  I had other things pop up.  So today is the day. Oh, speaking of today--it is COLD.  We woke up to 38 degrees this morning.  Thank God it didn't freeze.  I covered our tomato, cucumber, and squash plants just in case.  After that cold wind yesterday the zucchini plants leaves had suffered some burning around the edges.  The news reported that this is the coldest it has been this late in May.  Very strange indeed. 

Blessings and happy quilting,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. Please leave a comment so I can visit your blog.