Thursday, August 11, 2011

How's your day?

I was up early. The little doggie, Sissy, woke me up at 2:30am to go outside. Back to sleep after she gets her business done and awake at 5:15. Unload the dishwasher, wash pans that soaked over night. Put a load of clothes to washing; got DH off to work; then started mixing up banana bread. The bread is out of the oven -- I am always on a quest for a good loaf of banana bread. If you have a recipe you like I would love to give it a try. I know, I know banana bread is pretty basic. But there are differing amounts of baking soda, fats, and liquids. This recipe this morning called for buttermilk. I will let you know how I like it. I had a slice years ago of a lady's banana bread and if there was ever a perfect loaf of banana bread it was hers. That was more than 30 years ago. I told her how wonderful it was and she acted like it was no big deal. I asked her how she made hers. She said, "I use ______ in my bread."  My two older children were very small and I must have been distracted and of course another factor I was still learning to cook. It couldn't have had anything to do with the fact that she was an accomplished cook with four children and a husband and I was still learning cooking terms and other things. It couldn't have had anything to do with I felt inept in her presence and  too timid to ask her to repeat herself.  I cannot remember if she said she used butter. Or she could have said lard.  I don't know but I have been in search for that perfect loaf of banana bread ever since. I have never tried lard. I've heard it makes wonderful pie crust. It's that whole lard thing. Lardo--has always been a slur word for people overweight.

Speaking of weight--ahem. I haven't had much exercise this summer. No garden. No yard work due to the drought. Staying inside due to the heat. All have added up. As in weight gain. I'm going to blame The Pioneer Woman! It's all her fault. She posted about iced coffee. I love iced coffee. I like it best with chocolate syrup and milk. And one isn't enough! But I found out yesterday I'm not alone in the weight gain department. Several at quilting spoke yesterday of gaining weight. It's been too dang hot to do anything! But sweat! And evidently sweat doesn't weigh that much. Except when it's IN your body. That is a big injustice! It's my story and I'm sticking to it.  ANYWAY we all know weight is easy to put on -- harder to come off. So again I am in need of reducing my intake and increasing my activity.

Time to change the subject! LOL We have lower temperatures! Yesterday it was only 106. Today it should be less and by Friday or Saturday it will be iffy to hit 100. Yahoo! We even have a chance of rain. Yahoo!
Thank you, God.

I hope to connect with a lady today who has a couple of boxes of fabric to donate to our Kraz-z Quilters. We have had lots of donations. People have been very generous. We have been blown away.

Time to hang out that wash.

Blessings to everyone,
Marilyn

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. Please leave a comment so I can visit your blog.