Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Goodbye August 2011

Parting is such sweet sorrow. NOT! Come on September with cooler temperatures and RAIN!

I lied. I told you a week ago I would take pictures of our new quilting room. I forgot. I forgot to grab the camera as I was leaving. Today, I put the camera in my purse and forgot to GET OUT and take pictures. One of these days I will remember to do all three. We were laughing and cutting up today. Dixie was talking about how a cut up her new husband is. He keeps her laughing and that is so wonderful for her.

Part of the reason I forgot to take pictures--I had finished quilting Jan's quilt and brought it to her at quilting and of course everyone wanted to see it. And then several of us had C.A.S.A. quilts we had finished and had to show them. And then I had brought examples of the backing fabric I have on hand for Jan to see for her next quilt. And then it was time to quilt. And then it was time to eat. And then it was time to quilt again. And then it was time to go home. Blah-blah-blah.

Here's Jan's quilt. Isn't it pretty? I don't know if you can tell or not. I used a snowflake overall pattern. And after I took it off the frame I loaded this little C.A.S.A. quilt. Got it quilted and bound within two days. Fastest I have EVER gotten a quilt done. Woohoo! Of course, I sewed the binding on by machine. I didn't have matching purple thread so I used a variegated purple and used one of the specialty stitches on my Kenmore to sew it down instead of by hand. Much faster! I have another quilt loaded and I'm quilting it. I will also bind this one. Hopefully I can get it done by the weekend.

                                         Jan's quilt.
                                          C.A.S.A. quilt. The colors are washed out in both pictures.

Wildfires are burning again. Possum Kingdom Lake has a huge fire burning. Twenty or more houses have been burned and thousands of acres. Today a big grassfire started up south of Bridgeport. Two houses and possibly a third have burned. I will know more tomorrow. One TV station out of  DFW is reporting that it is 0 per cent contained.  From our viewpoint the smoke line was much smaller before sundown. Another station has reported a more accurate report. Firefighters will remain tonight and watch it closely for the next few days.

Ya'll stay safe and be blessed,

1 comment:

  1. This is my third attempt at leaving a comment, so if multiples show up, you'll know why.

    These are great quilts!

    I'm with you, bring on some cooler weather and some rain. Enough already.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. Please leave a comment so I can visit your blog.