Thursday, January 29, 2009

Cookie Recipe

I haven't posted a recipe in a long time and DH loves these. My oven wasn't working and hadn't for a couple of weeks (DH is a procrastinator, too) and he was able to get it going again so I thought I would bake him some cookies.

Power Cookies
from Imperial Sugar Company

2 cups brown sugar
2 cups granulated sugar
3/4 cup butter, softened
1 cup shortening
4 eggs
2 tsp. vanilla
3 cups all-purpose flour
2 tsp. salt
2 tsp. baking soda
3 cups uncooked oats
(or sometimes I like 4 cups oats and 1 cup raisins)
2 cups coconut
2 cups raisins
1 cup chocolate chips
1 cup chopped nuts

Cream together butter and shortening with brown sugar and granulated sugar. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Combine flour, salt, and baking soda and mix into first mixture. Add remaining ingredients and knead into mixture. Drop by heaping teaspoons, 2 inches apart on greased baking sheets or use parchment like I do. Bake in 350 degree oven for 9 to 10 minutes. You know your oven--just watch them. Makes a lot!

They are sooooo good. There went my diet. Do any of you use olive oil to replace the fat in your recipes? I used a little (1/4 cup when I made these) just to experiment. And just a note I usually reduce the sugar by half a cup. I know you could more but we kinda like our sugar in this house.

DH came home again yesterday by 2:30pm. I haven't got much done lately. I wonder why? One reason--I stay on the computer too much. Another- when DH is home he will talk to me when I'm in another room and I have to come to him and say "What did you say?" I get my exercise anyway. LOL Another - he got a used laptop and got our son-in-law to get it on the internet. DSIL downloaded free virus protection. DH was still getting things showing up. Being less than computer savvy we went to Wal-Mart yesterday and bought a program. Last night I couldn't get the old program off in order to install the new. It shows to be off under our programs but it's still running. I advised DH to take it in and have some computer guru fix it.

Blessings,

1 comment:

  1. So glad you got oven working, and those delicious sounding cookies baked.

    It really makes a difference when you DH is home with what and what not gets done.

    Hope it won't take much to get your laptop going. Frustrating, I know. Been down that road.

    Do you ever check your google email? That's the way I'm notified when someone posts a comment on my blog. I posted several to yours night before last (I think it was) and don't know if you know if I did - does all that make sense LOL. iGoogle is my homepage so I'm always around my gmail.

    We still have ice on the north side (front side) of our house, and 26 right now. I'm sooo read for some warmth. We didn't have as much as you did - our schools didn't close.

    Hope you have a great day!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. Please leave a comment so I can visit your blog.