Saturday, January 31, 2009

Fabric Shopping

Myself and three others from Kraz-z Quilters went to Graham yesterday to Frances' Fabrics. She was having a sale! We had a blast and didn't hurt our pocketbooks too hard. We mainly were searching for things we needed to finish projects. BUT it sure was tempting! We were good girls, though. All except Dixie! I'm ratting her out. She found this beautiful brown floral and just had to have some. I don't blame her. I did the same thing Thursday. I went in to grab some toilet paper and see if our local Duckwall's had the ink cartridges my printer takes and just HAD to look at the fabric. Bad mistake or good fortune? I found this beautiful large print floral that will make a beautiful 4 Patch Stacked Posies. Do you agree? Good fortune, right? My guild is wanting me to do a workshop on the 4PSP after one of our meetings so there you have it. I can demo this fabric and not have to use from the bolts I sell so there will be more to sell. ; )

I found the top two at Duckwall's and the bottom two at Frances' Fabrics. I wasn't happy with the fabric I had chosen for the sashing for the Star BOM so I found this Moda Marble at Frances'. The green is a one yard piece I will use for binding on Time Travel.

AND there are neat little shops on the square in Graham. We ate at our favorite place The Magnolia Tea Room. I had what they call the Magnolia Duet-a half sandwich and small cup of soup. The sandwich was turkey with provolone cheese, lettuce and cilantro mayo. The soup was Chicken Tortilla with fire roasted tomatoes. Very good! They also sell antiques and have a florist shop. I found these small bowls there. I was wanting some more small bowls for dessert. Since our family is growing.




We had talked about going to Denton to Linda's Quilt Shop on Super Bowl Sunday but as a group it wasn't working for everyone. She is opening at 8am and has 43% off. So tempting to make another trip!

Blessings,

1 comment:

  1. Definitely fortunate! Lovely fabrics.
    I like the idea of the duet. I've never seen that on any menus here. I'll have to start asking for it, and start a trend!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. Please leave a comment so I can visit your blog.