Thursday, December 27, 2007

More Piecing

I partially loaded the other charity quilt last night. But I didn't want to get the roll of batting out last night; so I will do that today.
On a previous post I talked about the project I took to Paradise Piecemakers meeting; I brought out that project worked on the small flying geese and got twenty more done. I also pressed all the little half square triangles squares (is that right?!) that I sew when doing the flying geese. I saw this on Bonnie's Quiltville (see blogs of note). I think I will use them for a border or sashing depends on what the quilt needs when I lay it out. They are an inch and a half now and will finish at one inch. If I can sew at least twenty a day, that part of piecing this quilt will be done in twelve days. Then I have hour glass blocks and then sew all the flying geese around them to make the Soaring Past Time blocks. They are the alternate block to the ones I won at a guild meeting several years ago called Fly Foot. This quilt is all in greens and very scrappy. I hope it turns out like I am envisioning it. I never know til it's done. I want it to have lots of motion hence the name I have already given it, Time Travel. This is for my oldest son who loves to travel and experience new things. He is so good to me--always buying me things. So I want to finish this and give it to him as my way of appreciation.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. Please leave a comment so I can visit your blog.