Saturday, December 08, 2007

Saturday Fun!

Another party! Two in one week, boy I gotta watch my waistline. You shoulda seen the cake that Maurine made. It was straight from Southern Living--Italian Cream Cake with orange curd and decorated absolutely gorgeous with orange sections, greenery, cheeries, and toasted pecans. It tasted as wonderful as it looked. I took Broccoli Soup. Jo made a really different soup. Vegetable soup with spinach, sage, basil, potatoes, english peas, red bell peppers, and carrots. Very good! Emily made taco soup. We had pecan pie, buttermilk pie, Mississippi Mud, cookies, and candies. Plus cornbread, crackers and chips.
I really enjoy these group meetings. They meet every 4th Saturday except Nov. & Dec. and bring your own projects and sew all day. I got a lot done today. I didn't take the 4 Patch Stacked Posie project. Instead I decided to take the project I usually take to these meetings. My Time Travel quilt. I won some quilt blocks at guild meeting several years ago and decided to put them together with another alternate block to have a bed size quilt for my oldest DS. It requires making these little flying geese. I will have to make a gazillion! I didn't count but I got a lot made. So when I get off the computer; I am going to make more ; ) .
Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. Please leave a comment so I can visit your blog.